What is a Comprehensive Edit?
A comprehensive edit is like having a secret side-kick to help make your story the best it can possibly be. Our comprehensive editing services include a combination of line editing, editorial comments within the manuscript, suggestions for rewrites, and a written strengths and weaknesses overview of the story.
During a comprehensive edit our editors are looking for:
- Ways to enhance and improve dialogue and tighten up your writing
- Areas that are unclear or need addtional fleshing out
- Excess descriptions or extraneous information that slows down a story
- Overuse or repetition that could distract your readers
- Opportunities to improve pacing and enhance sensory description
Comments made within the manuscript might include suggestions or questions designed to help you:
- Strengthen plot points and scenes to ensure they accomplish what you need them to
- Support character development
- Tighten up writing and increase clarity and vibrance
- Identify areas to be cut, revised, or fleshed out
The Strengths and Weakness Overview includes detailed feedback in each of the following areas:
- Character Development
- Grammar & Structure
- Use of Language
- Overall Readability
- Plus any additional areas that stand out to the editor.
Average time to complete a comprehensive edit is 5-8 weeks depending on the length and condition of the manuscript.
Comprehensive Editing Rate: $.02 - $.05 per word (minimum $250.00)
How This Works
- In order to partner you with right editor, we offer a free, no-strings attached quote and assessment of your manuscript.
- To begin work we require a 50% down payment. Remaining 50% is due upon completion.
- Ready to get your no-obligation quote? Submit your manuscript below.